High School Equivalency Program (HEP)
HEP helps migratory and seasonal farm-workers and their immediate family members who are 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in school to obtain the equivalent of a high school diploma and subsequently to gain employment or begin post-secondary education or training.
A student is eligible for HEP if they meet one of the following criteria:
- They or their immediate family members have engaged in migrant or seasonal farm work for at least 75 days in the last 24 months.
- They have participated or been eligible to participate in the Workforce Investment Act 167 program (WIA 167)
- The were eligible to participate Title C Migrant Education program within the last 24 months.
- Is at least 16 years of age or over;
- Is not currently enrolled in an elementary or secondary school;
- Has not earned a secondary school diploma or its equivalency